Be an informed seller. Get an appraisal from JSW & Associates Appraisers, Inc..
If you're planning on putting your house on the market soon, an appraisal is a step in the right direction. Don't think of an appraisal as purely an expense; it pays you in the long run! Unless a homeowner spends hours every week on real estate valuation, like a professional appraiser does, it's difficult for them to get a handle on real estate market forces.
It's tempting to want to base your home's value on the costs of purchasing and upgrading your home, or how much you want for it. Instead, the appraisal measures your home's market value.
Technically, something is only worth what another person is offering to give you.
||Contact us for information regarding services specialized for home sellers.
Selling on your own?
More and more Florida homeowners are deciding to sell their homes FSBO (For Sale By Owner) and foregoing the help of a real estate agent. But if you're going to do it right, quickly and to get the most you can, you need a qualified appraiser. You need an objective opinion, and we understand that it can be very difficult to be objective about your own home because of your emotional attachment to it. We will explain to you what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.
In addition to helping you set a sensible asking price to attract more potential buyers, a professional appraisal can:
It can be surprising to people when they find out that their home's value is higher than they first thought.
So spending a little on an appraisal provided the data to support a sale for several thousand more than they originally expected.
Alternatively, some people have an inflated assessment of the value of their home, and by getting an appraisal it gave them the assistance they needed in order to realistically price their home - allowing them to quickly sell it - instead of gathering dust on the market for months. Asking too much for a home causes buyers to back off, which means no offers and no closing, wasting your valuable time and draining your resources while your house waits for a buyer.
- Give you an advantage while negotiating when you find a potential buyer
- Impress buyers with written proof of the condition of your home inside and out
- Make you aware of issues and get rid of any overlooked repairs hassles that might delay a closing
- Help lower the odds of unrevealed problems that cause sales to backslide
Pre-listing appraisals in Pinellas County
Even if you're working with a very skilled agent, it's in your best interest to get an unbiased second opinion of value prior to signing a listing agreement.
Let JSW & Associates Appraisers, Inc. help. We can furnish you with a pre-listing appraisal so both you and your agent have a definitive summarizing of your home's features and a detailed breakdown of the the newest and similar comparable sales or as they're commonly called, "comps".
Consulting services for Pinellas County Sellers: Have a local expert at your disposal
Don't need a formal appraisal but would like some information about the status of your area's housing market? We
can be a resource for your real estate concerns with services especially tailored for clients with your real estate needs.
If you're curious what to expect from us when you order an appraisal just take a look....
- Fast response to your initial inquiry: We tailor information to the needs of our clients. Just let us know your situation, and we will make suggestions.
- Quick turnaround on appraisals: Normally in a week's time or less from the date we receive the request, you'll have a PDF ready for you to download from our site or in your e-mail.
- Appraisal and consulting report formats that suit YOUR needs:
We've done a large amount of assignments, and we know that when it comes to real estate appraising, there is no typical or standard "cookie cutter" assignment. We provide many different report types and have know how at providing appraisals to consumers that keep the industry jargon to a minimum and in an easy to digest format with consumers in mind.
- Any follow up questions? You can expect a fast response from JSW & Associates Appraisers, Inc.: When we create reports, we make sure they are written in plain English, comprehensible to people outside the real estate industry, and meet or exceed the Uniform Standards of Professional Practice that governs the appraisal practice.
If you have any confusion concerning your appraisal once you've read the report, just give us a call or email us!